Monday, December 16, 2013

Las Vegas Christmas!!!!

Our Christmas gift this year was a trip to Las Vegas!! I was SO excited when we decided and when the tickets were actually booked, it made it totally real! The last time I was in Vegas was when I was around 16 with my awesome Tio Servio and Tia Lissy and it was SO much fun even though I was underage. Now I was not only of legal age, but I got to go with my best friend.

After a super long flight and a pain in the bum airport visit (I was SO happy to leave the airport) we drove toward our hotel. We stayed at Circus Circus because we got an awesome deal that involved a $20 food credit that we lost as soon as we got it. There went dinner! We got up to our room at about 7pm and we planned to just relax for about an hour and then go out for dinner on the strip then come home because we were SO tired,but then "The Strip Effect" kicked in and we didn't come back to the hotel until 2am. We found free parking at Planet Hollywood (the middle of the strip and where the great Miss Britney Spears was going to be doing her residency) so we walked around and came up with a plan: I pick dinner one night and Ian picks the second night. Since I was picking and we were in Planet Hollywood, I ran like a crazy person to the restaurant of my culinary hero: Gordon Ramsey's Burgr. Yup: this was really happening! I was in Vegas, with my amazing hubby, about to eat the genius burgers that Ramsey came up with! I got our names on the list and gave Ian the camera and just said "start shooting! we need proof we were here!".




Then they called our names and our experience began. First off, the place is SO COOL! It's not gorgeous high end but its very classy business casual (I definitely noticed that if the waitresses made one wrong move and Victoria's Secret would be exposed) and when the food came, the plates and glasses we the coolest ever! The menu was a really cool paper folding thing that I ended up taking home and we each ordered (wait for it) burgers!


Ian had a shake and I had a fountain pop that they never let get lower than halfway before refilling it (challenge accepted!) and I ended up racing the pop refill lady to finishing my Mountain Dew before she switched it (I won once) and Ian's shake was more like a dessert! It was so thick we thought it was a pudding instead of a shake but it was SO delish! Then the burgers came and I tasted heaven! I had no idea what to expect (how can you make a burger gourmet?) but then I bit into the most amazing burger I have ever had in my whole life! I didn't even know you could season anything to that level of perfection than my burger.

I was about to finish my burger when I saw another table have their's packed up in an awesome bag and I stopped so I could get the bag (totally worth it!).
I don't know if Ian is just so over the whole Gordon Ramsey thing because I seriously LOVE his cooking shows and his cook books, but Ian was not as impressed as I was. He ordered his burger well done and since they grill them over apple and alder wood, it was a little charred. I swear, if Gordon were there, he would have been SO not impressed with Ian's review of his burger! I could just see Ramsey yelling at Ian about the char! Then he proceeded to say that he "doesn't see what the big deal was" and that the burgers I make were yummier. Here I am, about to cry from the perfect of my Gordon Ramsey burger and Ian was just "meh" about it!
When we finished (and I very reluctantly left) we decided to walk it off a little with some sightseeing in one hotel then we would go back to our room and just sleep. We crossed the street to my absolute favourite hotel on the Strip: The Belagio. I knew they were going to be decked out for Christmas but holy cow was it decked out!!! It was so gorgeous, even Ian was speechless!







So our back-by-9 dinner turned into a whole night out until 2am and it was SO MUCH FUN!

No comments: