Saturday, December 21, 2013

First Full Day in Utah!

For our first full day in Utah, we woke up early and spent the day at the Salt Lake Temple. It was SO amazing and definitely the best way we could have ever spent the day. When we left, we went across the street to this really cute outdoor mall (and changed because walking around in the dress was going to get cold) but since we were going to go to an outlet mall later in the week, we didn't buy anything.  

From there, we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where I thought we were going to look around ourselves but Ian had asked for a tour. I love how I just have to look at him a certain way and he knows what I am thinking because with one look, he asked for the short 20 minute tour (I was SO hungry!!). Well our tour was a private one and it was REALLY good so we told our tour guide to take his time and show us everything he could and we totally lucked out! We must have passed two signs on our tour that didn't allow tourists but he got us in!!


We passed by the family history center and they have this really cool photo-op that takes you back in time:

Our tour guide who got us into places we weren't supposed to go (he was from Finland and had the coolest accent ever!!! Seriously such a cool man!)

From there, I was so hungry I could eat raw broccoli (those who know me know that I hate broccoli!) so we pretty much ran to the Olive Garden where we took advantage of unlimited breadsticks (I LOVE THOSE BREADSTICKS!!). Since we had to pass by Draper to get back to Orem, we dropped by my Aunt Katy's house where I got to see the Christensen babies!!!! I can't believe how much I missed those cuties and no matter how much I loved every bit of this trip, my highlight will always by when little Heidi just cuddled next to me to read a book. That alone made me want to move to Utah!

1 comment:

Heather said...

gorgeous photos!!! I want to go back there next year for Christmas