Monday, April 21, 2014

Our First Official Davenport Easter!!

For the first time ever, Ian and I hosted a family event! We held our first ever family Easter dinner and egg hunt and, as usual, we really didn't decide this until a week before Easter (the zombie party we did was only decided a day in advance so I guess a week was a step in the right direction). Since this was our first official Davenport event, we wanted everything to be perfect. Ok so maybe Ian didn't care as much as I did, but I'm always seeing such adorable parties on Pinterest that I wanted mine to match. We had my parents, Ian's parents and his two brothers over and my initial idea of making a pink wonderland decor wasn't going to flow with there being 5 guys and only 3 girls (one day, I will get to throw my vintage floral tea party!) so I tried really hard to tone down the pink and flowers. 
The invites for both families were vintage-y:

Since I knew I would still be cooking when they arrived, I made sure there were little snacks for everyone until dinner was ready. These are coconut macaroon nests with a chocolate mini egg in the middle:

Choco Tejas de coco are SO yummy and they kind of have the egg shape so they were a go for Easter! My favourite is the coconut but I made pecans too (my dad's favourite):

Everyone had a pre-filled basket:
 They had two big eggs (everyone had two more big eggs hidden around the house), mini Lindor chocolates, bunny marshmallows and I knitted everyone a little bunny to take home:

I saw this on pinterest for a little kid's party, but I thought watching grown ups play this game would be really funny!:

I love everything cutesy about this dinner, but I wanted to remind everyone (in a vintage way) of the main focus of Easter:

Each place setting had our Gordon Ramsay china that my godparents bought us for our wedding (gracias tios!!) and Royal Doulton silverware from Ian's grandpa (also from our wedding). The silver chargers were from Home Sense and the glasses were Ikea:
I normally don't do assign seating, but I had to try this idea out that I saw in a magazine!:
 Here's everyone!
Then Ian took one of me in the group:
 I am so used to having bread when we have a big dinner that when I forgot to buy some at the store, I had to make some from scratch (which actually turned out great!):
The asparagus was all my mom! I hate veggies and when I told my mom my menu, she said she would take care of the veggies:
 Best. Fruit Wine. Ever. :
 As much as I hate veggies, adding bacon and garlic to anything makes it yummy to me: 
 Oh boy, the ham! I didn't grow up eating ham, so I don't absolutely need it like I would turkey at Christmas. But when I was told someone had already bought a giant ham for Easter dinner, I was kinda bummed because I have no idea how to make it! (Thank you Google for the recipe that everyone loved!): 

 We also had scalloped potatoes and deviled eggs for dinner.
Then, we had to find our eggs that the Easter Bunny hid for everyone. They were all labelled with everyone's name, so it was fun watching people get excited that they found one only to see that it wasn't their egg:


Our Easter dinner was complete with an appearance from our very own Easter Bunny!:

1 comment:

Great White Slark said...

Great pictures you are really talented!