Saturday, June 7, 2014

Prom 2014!!!!

By marrying Ian, I gained 3 brothers and a sister but the youngest, Mitchell, is the one who asked me for Prom help. I loved  my prom and I think it is so wierd that Ian didn't go to his so anything that has to do with Mitchell going to prom, I was excited about. 
Turns out corsages and boutonnières cost a lot so that's where my DIY expertise was called on. Here's the deal: I have no idea how to do anything that has to do with Flowers! My aunt thankfully helped us out when Ian and I got married so all I had to do was pick them and she took care of the rest!
So first thing I got were the flowers. Mitchell's date loves lilies but when I asked for them, they showed me this:
Not bueno! The lilies weren't even open! So I went with roses:
But before I took them home, I got to wait in the ridiculous Costco line!!:
I got all my supplies with a coupon so they were way cheap!
Then after a lot of google, Pinterest, and YouTube research (I called my aunt for help too) I started with the boutonnière:
In my defence, I wasn't the one going to prom so I didn't do my makeup :p
This was the first boutonnière I made but I ended up making two just in case
Then the corsage. Oh boy, the corsage! I had never met Mitchell's date except for super quick once a few months ago so I had no idea what she would like! Would she like a big corsage or a small simple one? I winged it and went with what went with my hand and prayed it would work for her!
So I finished and I just had to add a Vanessa touch!
For some reason I didn't have any rhinestones, but I did have glitter!!! I was SO tempted to add glitter everywhere but I kept it together and stuck with a few dots on the green stem that I didn't like very much. 
I picked up Ian from work and we went directly to prom to take pictures and give them their flowers!
THEY LOOKED SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The flowers looked pretty good if I do say so myself!


I was SO happy (and relieved) that I pulled them off and as much as I tried to not embarrass them while taking pictures, Ian was a whole other story!

 We even got a cool shot of them "using the force":

After we got these crazy kids to prom, we had a double date with Ian's parents in the Don Mills area. We went to Chipotle for dinner (best mexican food EVER!) and after walking around the shops at Don Mills, we saw Maleficent. Best Movie Ever!!! Princess Aurora is my absolute least favourite Disney Princess so I didn't think I would like this movie but it was so great!!

Remember how I made two boutonnieres? Well Ian didn't go to his prom so when we got home at midnight...

No comments: