Wednesday, August 20, 2014

PULLED PORK RECIPE!!!

Here in the summer, there are Ribfests all over the city and as much as I love BBQ food, I don't really love the prices that go with ribfest. I have been dying to make my own pulled pork sandwiches since I got married, so two years later, it's finally the time! 

Here's all you need to make your southern yummy Pulled Pork:

And you are definitely going to need one of these bad boys:
I have been stalling using this forever because even though I hear it's an awesome appliance, I also heard of the stories of people leaving it on all day cooking and coming home to a burnt house. I can take burnt food but a burnt house, not so much!

The pork cut we used was:
Yup, we're eating butt! After laughing about the name for a good while, we googled if we really were going to be feasting on porky pig's tushie, and it's not actually a butt (it's the shoulder cut)

The first thing you want to do is season your pork tushie with seasoning. I'm using what I had on hand, but any BBQ seasoning would do great!

Once you rubbed that seasoning into the pork bum, place them into the crockpot evenly so that when you add the sauce, it gets covered evenly:

Aaannnnnddddd now for the sauce! By this point, I was talkin in a southern accent y'all! (BBQ makes me super excited!) 
Mix both the BBQ sauce and coke together:
I did the BBQ sauce first and poured some coke into the bottle so I could get ALL the BBQ sauce out:
Pour, and shake!
 
Then you add the rest of the coke and mix together:

Pour that yummy saucey mix all over the pork bum and set your crockpot:

I set mine on LOW for 6 hours, then I checked to see if it was done. If the bum is still tough, it's not done yet:

Once it's cooked and comes apart easily, shred the pork with two forks and serve on a bun!


No comments: